Gajendra moksha pdf: गजेंद्र मोक्ष पाठ Gajendra Moksham Stotram or Simply Gajendra Moksha is a derivative of the sacred book of Hinduism named Srimad Bhagavad Geeta. Here Gajendra means The elephant and Moksham means relief from hurdles of life. Though Gajendra Moksham is in Sanskrit language, their meaning is same as given above.
Gajendra Maksham is given in the third part of Srimad Bhagavad Geeta which is popular among most of the devotees of Hinduism.
Gajendra moksha pdf
In Gajendra Moksha a total of 33 verses have been given in it. According to Hindu religion, by chanting this stotra one gets instant relief from any kind of troubles in life. In this hymn the battle with elephant and crocodile is described.
Thus there is a belief that Gajendra Moksha Stotram can eradicate all the hurdles and problems of one life, brings prosperity and wealth if it is recited with tradition and rituals.
Story Behind Gajendra Moksha
There is a story behind Gajendra Moksha Stotram in which there was an elephant in a jungle who was thirsty and was looking for water. There he found a river in which he went inside to drink water and had some bath. When Elephant was drinking water and bathing, a crocodile caught the leg of the elephant in order to make the elephant his meal.
Elephant tried a lot to get away from the crocodile but he failed to make himself free. Elephant shouted to call his fellow ones to help in escaping, hence other elephants also put lots of effort but all of them failed. The Crocodile was in an iron will to eat the elephant. Now the elephant started drowning in the water, the elephant was in miserable condition. Finally, out of effort, the elephant prayed to Lord Vishnu for help.
Lord Vishnu could not stop himself to save the elephant and arrived on the bank of the river to help out the elephant.
Lord Vishnu saved the elephant from drowning as well as from the crocodile too.
Thus this incident was named after Elephant which means “Gajah or Gaja” in Sanskrit and Moksham means “Nirvana or Free from obstacles”. This story also is mentioned in “Srimad Bhagavad Geeta”.
Thus Reciting and reading Gajendra Moksham with a clean and pure mind can give relief from various burdens of life and brings prosperity to one’s life.
How to read Gajendra Moksham Stotram pdf
Here are some necessary steps that are needed to keep in mind before reading Gajendra Moksham Stotram and to receive desirable results in one’s life.
- Gajendra Moksham Stotram should be read after taking proper bath and without having any kind of food (One can have light food if necessary, it is better to keep fast till the chapter ends)
- Keep some flowers, Sacraments, Tulsi leaves before Lord Vishnu
- Gajendra Moksham Stotram is better to recite and read in Brahma Muhurta (ब्रह्म मुहूर्त) every day.
- The Lessons of Gajendra Moksham Stotram should be read with true and present mind.
These are some important rituals and chores to be kept in mind before reading Gajendra Moksha Stotram.
Benefits of Gajendra Moksham Stotram
Reading Gajendra Moksham Stotram gives quite incredible consequences in one’s life. Some of them are mentioned below:-
- It eliminates poverty from one’s life and makes life stables with happiness
- Fear from foes gets nullified after reading Gajendra Moksham Stotram
- Ancestors are also benefited after reading Gajendra Moksham Stotram
- Monetary problems, family problems, business issues vanish away when anyone does Gajendra Moksham Stotram with truth and stability.
Other useful pdf
- Shani chalisa PDF download
- Kali Chalisa PDF Download
- Bhagavad Gita PDF Download
- Ganesh Chalisa PDF
- Mahabharat PDF Download
- Shiv chalisa PDF Download
- Manusmriti in Hindi Download PDF
Comment for any query.